To read samples of Laura’s magazine and newspaper articles, click below:
- San Francisco Chronicle Magazine: Canine Court. Read what happened at Laura’s first jury trial when her client’s dog was subpoenaed to testify.
- San Francisco Chronicle Datebook (Arts and Entertainment Section): Nice to Meet You Mr. Capote. Laura, as Mademoiselle Guest Editor, meets with Truman Capote in his New York apartment.
- San Francisco Chronicle Magazine: Type-A Zen – Laura at Tassajara. Is it possible for lawyers to slow down enough to tear lettuce?
- More magazine: Interview with opera diva Deborah Voigt
- Los Angeles Times: In the Market for Great Finds. Read about Laura’s search in Italy’s oldest and largest antiques market for something artful, affordable, Italian. And small enough to pack.
- Resurgence: A Zen Approach to Cooking. Laura interviews Zen priest and master chef Edward Espe Brown, and learns there’s no right way to prepare a dish.
Laura Deutsch is a writing coach, editor, and teacher, who leads writing workshops from Tassajara to Tuscany. Her writing has appeared in Best Women’s Travel Writing 2011, the Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, More magazine, San Francisco magazine, and many other publications. Laura has taught writing at UC Berkeley and San Francisco State and currently teaches at Book Passage in Corte Madera, at Green Gulch Farm Zen Center at Muir Beach, and privately. View Laura’s Bio.